OKLAHOMA CITY (March 3, 2008) -- Oklahoma City Rep. Trebor Worthen said he has had enough time to accomplish his primary legislative goals and announced today that he will not be seeking re-election.
Rep. Worthen, now 28, was the youngest member of the House when elected in 2004. He replaced his father, Robert Worthen, who served in the state legislature for 18 years before being term-limited. Worthen:
I first ran for office because I wanted to have an impact on policy issues that affect the lives of every day Oklahomans. My primary goals were lowering taxes, enacting pro-life legislation, passing sweeping ethics reform, and keeping government spending in line. It has been an honor for me to have accomplished those goals with my colleagues in the legislature.
With his primary goals enacted into law, Worthen said it is time for him to focus on building his career in the private sector:
I never ran for office to be a career politician. I ran because I wanted to help enact conservative policies at the Capitol. Now it's time for me to focus on advancing my career in the private sector.
Worthen said that Majority Designs, the marketing and consulting company he started last year, is demanding more of his time and will require his full attention if it is to continue growing. The company specializes in political advertising, and already has clients in four states and the District of Columbia.
Additionally, Worthen said he will be joining A.H. Strategies as a Senior Associate. A.H. Strategies is a leading political consulting company in Oklahoma, most known for its role in electing the Republican House majority and helping the Senate Republican Caucus grow to 24 members.
Despite his new role in the private sector, Worthen said he is not ruling out another run for office in the future. Worthen has eight years of eligible service in the Legislature under Oklahoma's term limits provision.
Labels: Rep. Trebor Worthen
Posted at 3/03/2008 01:35:00 PM
