Hot RacesBill TrackerLegislative DirectoryOklahoma MediaNational MediaTip Hotline
OklahomaPolitical News Service
"There's a new Web log for political junkies in Oklahoma -- the Oklahoma Political News Service." -- Roll Call

“A source confirms the report in the Oklahoma Political News Service that the Ethics Commission had started looking into alleged campaign donation irregularities.” Jerry Bohnen - News Radio 1000 KTOK-AM (Oklahoma City)

Submit tips or videos to our our tipline, confidentiality guaranteed...........okpns_editor@hotmail.com



Subscribe to the daily update e-mail:

Thursday, August 24, 2006 

OKLAHOMA UPDATE: POST-RUNOFF EDITION

From redstate.com: Ahem. My predictions on yesterday's Oklahoma runoff's may have been a little off. I did bat .500 on the races however. For my loyal Soonerfan! readers, here is a recap (and my usual commentary): *GOVERNOR'S UPDATE* Rumors swirled around Oklahoma City that Brad Henry awoke on the 23rd with a start. "Did I win?" he was purported to cry out. "You weren't on the ballot sir," an aide replied after runshing into the room. "I didn't run for re-election?" the governor moped. "I really had meant to. Now what will I do? They said I had a chance, you know." "No, Governor, it was a runoff yesterday." "I didn't make the runoff?" "Here's your coffee, Governor, I'll explain later, sir." "I think I should have at least made the runoff." (I'm not saying this is how the day started off yesterday inside the Governor's Mansion. I'm only passing along what I heard might have happened. You can all judge for yourselves if you believe that's the Brad Henry you know. It doesn't seem that far out of the realm of possibility, if you ask me.) *LT. GOVERNOR'S UPDATE* While State House Speaker Todd Hiett did indeed win, as your crack staff at Soonerfan! predicted he would, the race was not the 60%-40% split we'd said it would be. 51% to 49% was the final. Congratulations and good luck in November, Todd. Speaker Hiett now faces State House Minority Leader Jari Askins in what will likely be a spirited general election. *FIFTH CD UPDATE* One of the emails I received today was from a friend offering condolences for my poor prognostication in this district and contest. Congratulations go out to the Republican nominee, Lieutenant Governor Mary Fallin, who won quite handily in very high turnout for a runoff, with 63% of the vote to Cornett's 37%. Now, I've gotten quite a bit of email suggesting I've been a little hard on the Lieutenant Governor, so I'm hereby endorsing her right now. Why? First, she's the Republican nominee. Second, she's pro-life. Third, the Democrat is a nutty doctor who I was just told today might just be crazy enough to drop a million of his own into the race and Fallin needs our support to make sure this state stays in our (read: Republican) hands. Fourth, she campaigned non-stop for 10 months, surviving a cranky state corporation commissioner with a million dollars and an uber-popular mayor who'd helped create a million jobs (well, that's an exaggeration). Needless to say, she impressed a lot of people. So hats off to her, and let any cracks in the party from this divisive primary heal and unite behind their new nominee. It shall be up to us to guide her, so let us join her in this latest phase in her career in public service. Posted at 8/24/2006 06:48:00 AM


All tips to the Oklahoma Political News Service are guaranteed confidental.
Click here to submit a tip
Advertisement













Should Oklahoma execute repeat child molesters?
Yes
No
  



 Subscribe in a reader

























Content disclaimer: Oklahoma Political News Service content posted by users does not represent the opinion of Oklahoma Political News Service. OKPNS makes no representations as to the accuracy or validity of this third-party content and is not liable in any way for the use of or reliance upon such content. Whenever possible, such information is marked with the name of the source. No content herein has been authorized by any candidate or political party.

Site designed by Set Sail Media

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Oklahoma Political News Service Copyright (C) 2006 | All Rights Reserved